Call For Papers
"Suzhou-Silicon Valley-Beijing" 2013 International Innovation Conference
Technology Innovation and Diasporas in a Global Era
July 8-9 2013,Suzhou,China
We are pleased to announce the 2013 "Suzhou-Silicon Valley-Beijing" International Innovation Conference with the theme of "Technology Innovation and Diasporas in a Global Era". The conference is jointly organized by the Center for Enterprise Innovation and Development at Soochow University, Lucas Graduate School of Business at San Jose State University, the China Institute for Science and Technology Policy at Tsinghua University, School of Information of UC Berkeley, IEEE Technology Management Council, and supported by many prominent organizations such as Suzhou City government, the Western Returned Scholars Association (WRSA) of China.
Technology innovation is an important driving force for economic growth and wealth creation. Diasporas have played significant role in promoting technology innovation across all walks of life around the world. However, academic research results are still inadequate and lagging in empirical and theoretical justifications of the significance of diasporas. This international conference seeks to improve communications on this very topic among the world's scholars with multi-disciplinary backgrounds, consultants, policy makers and entrepreneurs. It is believed that the findings from the discussions will bring forth new thoughts and enrich understanding of the impact of diasporas, especially in the field of technology innovations.
Researchers, educators and students, policy makers, consultants, entrepreneurs and corporate managers are encouraged to submit papers. Contributions may be conceptual, theoretical, empirical or case studies, which shed lights on the subjects of: 1) innovation and entrepreneurship, and 2) the impact of diasporas on technology innovations in a global era. More detailed topics are listed below.General conference information: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tel: 86-512-6716-0183; or 86-13616213861 (Lili Mao, Suzhou China)
Paper submission: email@example.com (Dr. Yaoyu Wang)
Paper Submission Due: 30 Mar. 2013
Notification of Acceptance: 30 April. 2013
Author Registration Due: 30 May. 2013
Normal Registration/Hotel Block Deadline: 30 June. 2013
Topics for the Conference
- Papers must be original work that has not been submitted to or presented at other conferences.
- We only accept electronic submission in MS Word files. Please send the files to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr. Yaoyu Wang)
- All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceeding "Technology Innovation and Diasporas in a Global Era(2013)". Conference content will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
Some SCI/SSCI indexed journals are interested to publish papers by authors of this conference, such as:
International Journal of Technology Management
Environment & Planning (A or C)
Industrial and Corporate Change
- Reviewing: All submissions will be blind reviewed.
- Paper formatting instructions: Paper size: 8.5in X 11in. Abstract is required along with the paper. Details see the template.
Conference Language: English